Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Music documentary #10: an anthropologists journey through metal


Back in ´03 when i started my to study cultural anthropology at Uppsala University my plan was to go into music and the culture it builds. I wanted to explore Metal and rock in detail and music in general, the examing bit wasn´t for me even though i thoroughly enjoyed studying the subject. Guess i hadn´t the discipline when it comes to studying when there were so much distraction around like concerts, women and alcohol, even world of warcraft squeezed in on my attention a bit.

But here we have a Canadian anthropologist and metal head who does what i wanted to do, so enjoy his trinp inside the rock and metal world. I might object to some of his classification of the music but that's only a bracket, he´s done a major job at it and deserves much credit!

the song will be

the darkness - I believe in a thing called love 

















No comments:

Post a Comment